Area of Expertise
At Yamato, we take pride in our work. We ensure that we accomplish all our projects to the best of our capabilities and abilities, and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
In order to do so, we have to be diverse in our skill sets and have a large area of work and expertise under our name to provide professional services to better serve our customers through continuous improvements in quality, productivity, turnaround times, costs and reliability. Because at the end of the day, what our clients and what you think matters.
Our area of work includes but is not limited to the following:
- Environment engineering
- Waste water treatment
- Waste management
- Anaerobic digester/digestion
- Engineering, procurement and construction
- Methane gas
- Volatile solids reduction
- Egg shaped digesters
- Rotating Equipment
- Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul
Partner: Navigate Energy
Scope of Co-operation: GE Jenbacher Biogas Engine
Details: Yamato was awarded the EPC contract for upgrading the Pilot Plant at 20 Pioneer Rd using GE JenBacher Engine into a full production plant. Completed Nov 2014. (GE’s membrane bio-reactor plants lasts 7 years.)
With the integration of GE JenBacher, the reclamation plant was able to import 30% less energy from the grid.
Yamato’s EPC capabilities range from:
- Research to Laboratory Tests
- Pilot/Demonstration Plants
- Full Scale Operational Plants
Scope of Co-operation: Ceramic Membrane & Anaerobic Ammonia Oxidation (Anammox)
Details: Yamato bided for EPC contract to design & build a Ceramic Membrane Plant ($30m) at Chua Chu Kang. Meiden’s Ceramic Filters are designed to last for 20 Years, but costs 2x as much as GE’s Membrane Bio-reactors.
- Industrial & Domestic Wastewater
- Pre-Treatment in Desalination
- Effective against various industrial wastewater containing solvent, oil & other chemicals.
- Suitable for separating hard solid from water.
- Simplifies pre-treatment system for preventing membrane damage
- No damage to membrane
- High Resistance to Chemical Damage & Thermal Degradation
- Sheet form arrangement & air dispersal method facilitate more effective air-scrubbings
- Ceramic membrane bioreactor requires little scrubbing air and hence lesser energy
- High flux results in a smaller footprint as compared with flat sheet type polymer membrane
- Automatic back wash and on-line cleaning remove the need for daily maintenance
- Membrane surface easily cleaned by high pressure water jet
- Ceramic Membranes can be recycled after their useful life
- A high-pressure steam pre-treatment for anaerobic digestion of municipal waste
- Compatible with existing small, medium and large scale waste water treatment plants.
- This compatibility provides great cost savings, as it enhances the performance of an existing plant; rather than having to replace it with a new one.
- Treat sludge from wastewater treatment plants for populations of at least 100,000 people,
- Minimum 3,000 metric tons/year of sludge.
- Stable and reliable digester operation
- Double sludge intake capacity into digesters
- - Governments/ Plantations/ Wafer fab plants can lower their infrastructure & operational costs
- Increased biogas production by 70-80%
- Pathogen-free and stabilized pasteurized cake (class A bio solid)
- - No regrowth or reactivation of bacteria
- - Eliminates foaming problems caused by bacteria
- - Eliminates odor problems associated with treatment of organic waste
- Resultant bio solids can be composted or dried
- - Used as fertilizer or bio-fuel
- Optimizes energy-efficiency and lowers operating costs
- - Combined with cogeneration plants to produce green electricity & steam
- - Resultant biogas used as vehicle fuel or natural gas substitute
- Overall Solid Disposal reduced by 40%, resulting in lesser disposal costs for PUB & lesser ash released to Semakau Landfill